Friday, October 15, 2010

thoughts of an insomniac

Once again I lay here unable to sleep. It's nearly 4 am. Usually I just lay awake wishing I could sleep, maybe something good will come of all this writing since I've decided to try and do something with all these extra hours :-)

So I started a new blog page tonight. I have the title and know where it is going. However, I am afraid that the title of what I want to write first will throw some folks off so here I am. Leaving it for now until I can figure out where to begin.... then I'll come back to the other subject muahhahaha

Today my uncle Doug and I drove to Clackamas, OR. This is about 375 miles from Spokane Valley where we started. We picked up a pretty cool 99 Suburban that has some motor troubles. Uh, then we had to drive back... \-: >zzzzz I should be exhausted, and kind of am. However, when I close my eyes my mind begins to race and won't let me sleep. I'm so tired I'm laying here laughing at myself for the crooked grinned sleeping guy I just made a few sentences back(in case you didn't get that).

Overall it was a good trip. Getting to know this side of my family has been a lot of fun. I'm learning a lot about life in general and not just them. It is interesting for me to be spending a lot of time with my dad's brother. They are a lot alike in some ways and nothing at all in others. We left Spokane around 1230 after several stops in which someone was unable to stop talking when we should have been driving. We finally got food and hit the road. I kept having to remind him that a goose-neck doesn't turn the same as a normal trailer and you have to swing it really wide on the corners. Or you hit things, like people standing on the sidewalk for example.

Loading the burb on the trailer was fun as usual. We tried the old roll it down the hill and hope you can stop in time method. Brilliant idea, poor execution! This time we came up short, again. Thank goodness the guy helping had a Bobcat and a tow strap. He was sure it wouldn't work but I just said maybe not and hooked the strap up anyhow. It worked like a charm though we thought we had a runaway truck for a bout 5 seconds as the whole shooting match slid about 10 feet. Truck, trailer and the burb all slid and nobody was in the truck. Note to self, NOT A GOOD IDEA. It all worked out in the end and we hit the road home. After about 5 and a half hours and a quick stop at Sprague Lake we were nearly home.... and nearly out of diesel as well. Ya know the on-board computers that tell you how many miles left on the amount of fuel you have. It has been stuck on 0 for about 2 miles when we coasted thru a stop sign and into the Petro station between Cheney and Spokane. Should a stopped in Ritzville haha. But God was good to us and we made it home about 230am, ish.

Ha, I got it. Off to my new blog, see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment