Monday, November 8, 2010

notes from the drive...



I just got back from my trip to Colorado Springs. It was a beautiful drive and I heard some great stuff on the radio. Here are some notes of what stood out to me.

For starters, I am not a Browns fan but they did woop up on the Patriots yesterday. The Raiders and Chiefs played yesterday, and the game mattered. They are the top two teams in the division for the first time in years!!! Wish I could have watched that one.

I heard a sermon on the way over from a pastor in Seattle. He was talking about our lists. We have lists of what we want to do and accomplish as well as the perfect mate, who we want to marry. He used Boaz as an example for this and it was pretty interesting. What must Boaz's list have looked like. Poor homely looking looking widow standing in the welfare line. I don't think that is what he was looking for. He noticed her heart, that it was for her family and for God. She was a woman of integrity and who was willing to do what was necessary to survive and take care of her family. Boaz accepted who God put in front of Him and loved her with everything he was and had.

The one I heard this morning on the home stretch was good also. He was talking about Paul and the "thorn in his flesh". Paul said it was given to him so that he would not become conceited. God is more concerned with our growth and ability to serve Him than our happiness. He wants us to become who He has created us to be. It is not that He doesn't want us to be happy but it is not His first concern. How long did He let the Israelite's wonder in the desert? More importantly, why? Why, because He wanted their obedience, their trust and their love. It took so long because they were stubborn, just like us :-\

Lord take me thru what you must to make me who you want me to be. Lord, let me be a FAST learner :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment